Allen & Heath ZED-18 Mixing Console with USB Port
(You save $100.00)
The Allen & Heath ZED -18 is designed for bands, schools, houses of worship, AV and PA hire companies looking for maximum functionality in a compact mixer. With 10 fully featured mono inputs and 4 stereo inputs, ZED-18 packs a huge amount of functionality into a console that can be comfortably carried under one arm or mounted in a 19” rack. All mono channels feature Allen & Heath’s acclaimed DuoPreTM two stage preamps, 3 band MusiQ EQ with swept mid frequency, 4 auxes and smooth glide 100mm faders. A USB connection allows easy connection to a laptop for adding plug-in FX or capturing stereo recordings. Built to last in demanding live sound environments, ZED -18’s rotary controls are secured to the front panel with steel nuts and high quality components have been used throughout, including Neutrik mic XLRs and 1/4" jack connectors.
ZED-18 features a responsive 3-band, swept mid frequency EQ design which utilizes MusiQ – with optimized slope (or Q factor) for equalizing individual instruments. Based on the proven pre-amps from the hugely successful PA series, ZED-18 has DuoPre pre-amps, which use a two stage design, with carefully controlled amounts of gain in each stage. When amplifying the signal from the XLR input, the gain range is huge - 69dB of range to be exact - and is very evenly distributed around the gain control, meaning better control of signal level. Most of the gain comes from the first stage, so unwanted noise is kept to a minimum. Line level signals are simply plugged into the second stage of the pre-amp by using the line input jack socket, which has the great advantage of less noise when using the line input and also matching to a higher input impedance.
Allen & Heath ZED -18 Features:
- 10 mono channels
- Neutrik mic XLR
- Neutrik 1/4 inch jacks
- Channel insert
- Super wide gain ‘DuoPre’ mic line input
- 3 band EQ with MusiQ
- 4 auxes
- Illuminated mute
- Sound image pan
- Illuminated PFL & peak warning indicator
- ALPS 100mm faders
- 4 stereo channels with 2-band EQ
- Stereo returns & playback
- All inputs with level control
- 12 bar meters
- Mono/stereo function on auxes 1&2
- Monitor output section
- Alt stereo output source
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Global +48V phantom power
- Cakewalk SONAR LE bundled with mixer
- Rack ears available
Allen & Heath ZED -18 Specifications:
- Mono channel (XLR) Input: +6 to –63dBu for nominal (+17dBu in max)
- Mono channel Line Input (Jack socket): +10 to –26dBu (+30dBu maximum)
- Insert point (TRS Jack socket): 0dBu nominal +21dBu maximum
- Stereo Input (Jack sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- Stereo input (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +10dB)
- L, R & Mono Outputs (L&R XLR, Mono Jack): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Aux Outputs (Jack sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Alt Outputs (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Rec Outputs (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum.
- Frequency Response
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain: +0.5/-1dB 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Stereo in to Mix L/R out: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 0dB gain: 1kHz +10dBu out 0.004%
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain: 1kHz 0.014%
- Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain: 0dBu 1kHz 0.005%
- Stereo in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain: +10dBu 1kHz 0.003%
- Analogue Headroom from nominal (0Vu) 21dB
- USB in & out headroom from nominal (0Vu) 14dB
- USB Audio CODEC (Coder/Decoder)
- USB Audio In/Out USB 1.1 compliant 16bit.
- Sample Rate 32, 44.1, or 48kHz
- Mic Pre EIN @ max gain 150R input Z 22-22kHz: -127dBu
- Mix L/R out, L/R faders = 0, 22-22kHz ZED-18: -86dBu
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!