(PRODUCT VIDEO AT BOTTOM OF PAGE)
The black Pioneer DJ CDJ-3000 Multiplayer is the latest flagship, pro-level CD/DVD deck that's equipped to play high-resolution (24-bit/96 kHz) audio files from several sources. Several upgrades and enhancements have been made, including a redesign of the audio engine, added MPU processor, 9" touchscreen, Pro Link with Gigabit Ethernet, and a rebuilt performance interface.
The audio engine features an internal audio calculation processor with 96 kHz / 32-bit floating in all playable audio formats, which results in a wide and deep reproduction of the original sound source, even with slight changes in the timbre of the low range. Each component in the DAC has been reviewed and tested, resulting in various improvements that drastically reduce digital noise, allowing for a natural sound that the crowd will want to listen to for long sets at high volume.
The MPU's processing power has been updated with exciting functions and provides a path for more advanced features in the future. The operation system runs faster, smoother, and is more reliable than previous models. A Gigabit Ethernet port provides a wider and faster throughput of information, allowing for up to six players to be connected. The build of the enclosure and components have been upgraded with a high-quality aluminum top plate and redesigned Play, Cue, and Hot Cue buttons. The power cord features a V-Lock, which prevents accidental disconnections.
The 9" touchscreen is 150x brighter than previous models, allowing you to see it clearly in any environment, even in bright sunny days. With a larger touchscreen, the CDJ-3000 affords many advancements, including extra information, short cuts, and buttons for frequently used categories and functions, such as Playlists and Search. Other notable features include Touch Preview, which allows you to touch anywhere in the waveform when browsing, and Touch Cue, which provides access to another part of a track that's currently playing.
The tactile performance controls have been overhauled and include a redesigned jog wheel that's smooth with 1/2 the touch latency of previous models. The embedded LCD screen displays playhead position and artwork for a quick visual reminder of which tracks are loaded. The CDJ-3000 now offers 8 full-sized Hot-Cue buttons underneath the waveform display. With its linear positioning, the buttons feel more natural when selecting cue points according to the position in the track. The dedicated Beat Jump buttons allow you to jump forward and backward from the current play position. You can set the quantize number of beats to a value of 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, and 64 beats.
The CDJ-3000 plays rekordbox-analyzed music from USB drives via Export mode, or connect your laptop with USB-HID control to use Link Export or Performance mode. Because the unit is a Hardware Unlock device, you can use Performance mode for free. There is no need for a paid subscription plan, so you can play all the tracks in your rekordbox library, including any from Beatport/Beatsource LINK and SoundCloud Go+ (subscriptions required for streaming services).
You can even connect your iPhone to the CDJ-3000 via a USB cable and mix music directly from the latest iOS version of rekordbox, which now supports lossless file types, including WAV, FLAC, ALAC, and AIFF as well as MP3 and AAC. And you can still stream audio from you iOS device wirelessly to any player that shares the same WiFi connection. The CDJ-3000 ships with a stereo RCA cable, a digital coaxial cable, a Pro Link Ethernet cable, a locking power cord, and a download card for rekordbox DJ.
- Advanced MPU updates the CDJ's performance by making it smoother and more stable than its predecessors. The MPU's processing power brings exciting updated functions that weren't possible before and provides the scope to introduce more features via future updates.
Pro DJ Link with Gigabit Ethernet
- Gigabit Ethernet connection for Pro DJ Link allows you to share and play audio files from USB devices and SD cards on up to six CDJ-3000 units when you combine them with a 6-channel mixer such as the DJM-V10.
Better Screen Visibility
- The maximum screen brightness has been improved by more than 150% compared to that on the CDJ-2000NXS2, so you can crank it up depending on the environment you’re playing in and improve visibility.
- High-quality aluminum top plate and redesigned Play, Cue, and Hot Cue buttons have improved strength and durability.
- Lockable V-Lock power cable guards against accidental disconnections that could interrupt your show.
- Includes a high-quality digital cable that’s easy to handle and great for use in clubs and professional setups.
Enhanced Audio Design
- The CDJ-3000 unifies internal audio calculation processing to 96 kHz/32-bit floating in all playable audio formats. As a result, the unit can capture the subtleties of the original sound source, including its depth and ambiance, and even the slight changes in the timbre of the low range.
- Advanced audio processing technology such as variable speed playback, master tempo, and the latest Key Shift function all help to create a more realistic representation of the spatial sound and a more musical bass sound than any other Pioneer DJ multiplayer has produced.
- To get the maximum performance from the DAC (digital-to-analog converter), Pioneer DJ carefully reviewed each part of the circuit that outputs analog audio and made various improvements.
- Tuned the digital audio to achieve optimum sound quality in the player as a whole by testing numerous different components to find the best possible design for key parts.
- Results in a drastic reduction in digital noise that creates a natural sound that the crowd will want to listen to for long sets—even at high volume.
9" High-Resolution Touchscreen
- With a larger touchscreen, the CDJ-3000 is able to incorporate additional information and features.
- Shortcuts and buttons for frequently used categories and functions such as Playlist and Search, allow you to access them directly at any time.
- The GUI (graphic user interface) will feel familiar if you’ve used the CDJ-2000NXS2 before, plus you can customize the information you want to see and set preferences for aspects such as text size.
- Swipe on the screen to navigate and use the sort function to rearrange the track list by touching the display. All this makes for an improved workflow and helps you to browse tracks more instinctively.
- A number of new features help you to choose the perfect track and the right moment to drop it into your mix:
- Touch Preview: Listen to any part of a track you want to preview by simply touching its waveform in the relevant place in the browse section. If you have multiple CDJ-3000 players connected with a DJM-V10 or DJM-900NXS2 mixer via Pro DJ Link, you can even preview tracks from another player thanks to Link Cue.
- Touch Cue: Listen to another part of the track that’s currently playing by touching the waveform—the crowd won’t hear what you’re doing. This comes in handy when you need to familiarize yourself with the progression of a track to identify a mix point, especially during DJ handovers and back-to-back sets. Link Cue (see above) even enables you to listen to different parts of the track that another DJ is playing on a separate player.
- Stacked Waveform: Keep an eye on the enlarged waveform of the track on the master player and the one you want to cue up, all on one screen. Identify mix points and visually check the beatgrids are perfectly lined up at a glance.
- Support for 3Band Waveform: Understand how a track sounds without even listening to it. 3Band waveform uses different colors to indicate the volume of each frequency band in files analyzed by rekordbox, so you can see the composition of the music just by looking at the waveform. 3Band Waveform comes in addition to the previous RGB and Blue options.
Key Sync and Key Shift: Mix in Perfect Harmony
- Hit the Key Sync button and the CDJ-3000 will automatically adjust the key of the incoming track to match the one playing on the master deck, helping you craft a smooth and harmonic mix. With Key Shift on the touchscreen, you can manually shift the key of a track up or down.
Super Smooth Jog Wheel
- Effortlessly scratch and smoothly bend the pitch of tracks.
- The redesigned mechanism inside the jog wheel feels slicker than previous models.
- The touch latency has been reduced by half when compared to the CDJ-2000NXS2.
- The LCD screen in the center indicates playhead position and displays artwork for a quick visual reminder of which tracks are loaded on each deck.
Redesigned Performance Interface
- Eight Hot Cue Buttons: Intuitively trigger Hot Cues via the eight buttons that run from left to right underneath the waveform display. The linear positioning makes it feel more natural to select cue points according to their position in the track.
- Dedicated Beat Jump Buttons: Jump forward or backward from the current playback position in the track by pressing the dedicated Beat Jump buttons. You can set the quantized number of beats to a value of 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64 beats.
- Advanced Auto Beat Loop Section: As well as the popular 4-Beat Loop control from the CDJ-2000NXS2, the CDJ-3000 includes an 8-Beat Loop button for further creative possibilities.
- Use the expanded options for odd-numbered loops to remix sounds on the fly and create polyrhythmic loops.
Flexible Performance Options
- Play rekordbox-analyzed music from USB drives via Export mode.
- Connect your laptop with USB-HID control to use Link Export or Performance mode.
- The CDJ-3000 is a Hardware Unlock device, which allows you to utilize the Performance mode for free.
- No paid subscription plan needed. Play all the tracks in your rekordbox library, including any from Beatport/Beatsource LINK and SoundCloud Go+ (subscriptions required for streaming services).
- Connect your iPhone to the CDJ-3000 via a USB cable and mix music directly from the latest iOS version of rekordbox, which supports lossless file types including WAV, FLAC, ALAC, and AIFF as well as MP3 and AAC.
- An upcoming release of Serato DJ Pro will introduce official support for the CDJ-3000.
Pro DJ Link with Enhanced Lighting Support
- Sync your sounds with lights with the latest Pro DJ Link Lighting feature.
- Sends phrase analysis information to rekordbox (PC/Mac) so you can control lighting effects via the RB-DMX1 (available separately) and take your show to the next level.